Sunday, September 23, 2018

Its getting real.

Beth Shook, artist/retired professor
Foothills Baptist Church, Ahwatukee
→ this is my third trip serving with Hope Baptist Church

You know it's getting real when you're just throwing things at your suitcase. Forget the list (honestly, forgot where I put it) we are at the point when you remember to take what you thought you should remember to take - throw it on the pile and sort out the particulars later.


Pray as we prepare to go.

The 2018 South Africa team will be in country by South Africa's Thursday morning. Our departures vary a bit with family and work obligations.

Pray for our families and work while we're away.

While we're traveling, if we'll all stand on one foot, pat our stomachs and rub our heads (wait. maybe it's the other way around) perhaps the internet will cooperate and I'll be able to keep you in the loop.

Pray for traveling mercies; connecting flights, long layovers and longer flights.

hmmm...just remembered something I needed to remember to bring. I'm off to go throw it at my luggage, to be sorted out later.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment